Storm Guard Water Treatment Inc. is a well-established and highly respected entrepreneurial organization, built on the expertise of our people. To meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients, we are committed to attract and retain the very best people, who align with our Mission and Values.
We Provide Opportunity
We recognize and appreciate that our continued success depends on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people. From excellent on-the-job training and mentorshipto long-term career advancement, we enthusiastically encourage and invest in the continual growth and development of our people.
We Welcome Diversity
We welcome, embrace and provide equal opportunities to people from anywhere in the world. What’s most important to us is your strong work ethic, and desire to contribute knowledge and skills of value to our team, and the ever-evolving needs of our clients.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand all elements of the fabrication process and time required to execute each step.
- Set-up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines including but not limited to iron workers, band saws, cutting torches, grinders, and drills.
- Inspect materials for quality and conformance prior to usage and correct any inconsistencies
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units.
- Perform any combination of duties to assist other workers in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities.
- Performs welding in the shop yard and in the field as needed
- Move materials, tools, and supplies, manually or using equipment.
- Ensure all materials and products adhere to Storm Guard’s high standard of quality, and conform to quality assurance processes
- Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to component specifications.
- Bend, cut, form, punch, drill or form metal components.
- Design, cut, weld & bolt on modifications to existing equipment
- Repair any equipment as required
- Maintain workspace and equipment in an organized and tidy manner
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Previous experience and/or a solid understanding of pumping systems and applications is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing/production plant and/or warehouse is preferred
- Must have over 5 years of welding and fabrication experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a valid and clean class 5 driver’s license. Must have and be willing to provide a clean driver’s abstract.
Physical & Other Requirements: The Welder/Fabricator may be required to work on and off-site on occasion. Employees may be required to:
- Operate heavy-duty machinery
- Frequently required to walk or climb stairs
- Climb a ladder
- Handle large items
- Lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Capable of learning and retaining knowledge pertaining to the practices, methods, techniques, tools and equipment used in the performance of welding/fabrication work as assigned.
- Can work with minimal supervision, follow instructions and provide feedback as required.
- Comfortable exercising independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Strong communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
- Able to coordinate work assignments with other workers, divisions or departments.
PAY & BENEFITS
- We offer a highly competitive total rewards package including hourly rates starting at: $32.50 per hour and potential overtime pay
- Group Health Care Package: Medical and Dental
- RRSP Matching
- Generous Work Wear Allowance
- Bonus based on Company and Individual Performance
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Opportunities For Job Advancement
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume, in Microsoft word, to email@example.com.
We will acknowledge your application and stay in touch with shortlisted candidates.
Initial interviews are conducted via phone call and/or zoom video and may progress to an in-person meeting. Some positions may require a (paid) ‘working interview’ to spend time working within a team.
We appreciate your interest in Storm Guard Water Treatment!