The Business Operations Coordinator role is a newly created position at Storm Guard. Reporting to the Project Manager, this role supports both Business Development and Project Management to ensure the accurate and timely execution of projects.
If you are highly organized, sweat the details, like to improve processes for greater efficiency, and have a desire to progress in your career, then this might be the next role for you!
- Working with Project Management, coordinates the logistics for project set up/site mobilization: orders equipment, coordinates freight, and schedules materials deliveries.
- Working with Project Management, coordinates the administration required for new project preparation including project insurance, costing, WorkSafe BC clearance letter. Reviews and adheres to all PO terms and conditions, gathers information to prepare project schematics.
- Assists to coordinate testing and inspection requirements, as needed (external & internal).
- Throughout project duration, working with Project Management, coordinates the deployment of equipment and resources to project job sites as required and obtains related PO’s.
- Working with Project Management, ensures daily and weekly site reports are reviewed and acted on
- During the project, communicates and coordinates with clients any changes and/or special requests from the client, regarding equipment, supplies and/or the operations team.
- Provides input into Project Estimates by collecting internal information (inventory, manpower, schedules) and external information (geotechnical reports, ESC plans) to assist the business development team prepare thorough estimates.
- Sources and coordinates with third party service providers and/or contractors as required for services at the shop or project site.
- Provides accurate and timely data entry into company systems to support the business.
- Prepares timely and accurate Pipeline reports to support Business Development and Operations.
- Accurate records are maintained for equipment, projects, inventory, and customer contacts.
- Work with customs brokers and manage documents for handling of shipments and customs requests.
- Answer company phones, respond to general phone & email inquiries for information.
- Provide technical support for new employees. i.e. company phone, email, etc.
- Assists in sourcing and coordination of materials for all projects and relevant inventory items.
- Maintain database of information for vendors and logistics providers.
- Create purchase orders, respond to order inquiries, and process order requests.
- Working with Project Management, expands and develops company processes and procedures to maximize company efficiency.
- Working with the Purchaser, assist in performing regular stock counts to maintain inventory levels.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) is required
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Project Management certification is an asset
- Proven time management and a strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency & ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work
- Comfortable exercising independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills, and establish positive internal and external working relationships
- Organized, detail-oriented and accountable for the quality of your own work
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Monday to Friday, 7AM-3:30PM
- Extended and overtime hours may be required during peak season
- Medical, Dental, Extended Health
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- RRSP Matching (after 1 year of service)
- Business cell phone
- Flex Days