Storm Guard Water Treatment Inc. is a well-established and highly respected entrepreneurial organization, built on the expertise of our people. To meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients, we are committed to attract and retain the very best people, who align with our Mission and Values.
We Provide Opportunity
We recognize and appreciate that our continued success depends on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people. From excellent on-the-job training and mentorship to long-term career advancement, we enthusiastically encourage and invest in the continual growth and development of our people.
We Welcome Diversity
We welcome, embrace and provide equal opportunities to people from anywhere in the world. What’s most important to us is your strong work ethic, and desire to contribute knowledge and skills of value to our team, and the ever-evolving needs of our clients.
Working at Storm Guard is AWESOME
- Great culture and fantastic people
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group health and company benefits program
- Employer-matching RSP pension plan
- On-site and educational support for career development
- Casual and fun work environment
MAIN JOB DUTIES
1. Erects, operates, diagnoses, and repairs a wide variety of dewatering and water treatment equipment (well points, pipelines, meters and pressure gauges).
2. Ensures water treatment systems are operating optimally, adheres to maintenance schedules, calibrates instrumentation, monitors physical/chemical changes.
3. Provides dewatering and solids control services as per Storm Guard procedures.
4. Performs site assessments, inspections, installations, and monitoring.
5. Operates all equipment safely and competently in accordance with Storm Guard and site-specific safe work procedures and manufacturers’ operating instructions.
6. Performs sediment control operations.
7. Troubleshoots equipment issues onsite, including water hose, pump, and piping problems.
8. Uses hand tools and operates equipment and machinery as required.
9. Completes other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in construction is preferred
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Proficient working with hand tools and equipment. Operating machinery is an asset.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Works well in a team environment
- Good command of English
Physical Requirements: With or without reasonable accommodation, Technicians may be required to:
- Work outside in adverse weather conditions
- Frequently required to walk or climb stairs
- Climb a ladder
- Handle large items
PAY & BENEFITS
- We offer a Highly Competitive Hourly Rate, Group Health Benefits Program, Total Rewards Package
- This is a full-time permanent position, 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday with Evening, weekend, and holiday work required in emergency situations
- Overtime hours are expected.
- Medical, Dental, Extended Health
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- RRSP Matching (after 1 year of service)
- Generous workwear allowance
- Business cell phone
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Opportunities for job advancement within a quickly growing company
How To Apply
Please email your resume, in Microsoft word, to email@example.com.
We will acknowledge your application and stay in touch with shortlisted candidates.
Initial interviews are conducted via phone call and/or zoom video and may progress to an in-person meeting. Some positions may require a (paid) ‘working interview’ to spend time working within a team.
Thank you for your interest in Storm Guard Water Treatment!