Why Work @Storm Guard?
Storm Guard Water Treatment Inc. is an entrepreneurial organization, built on the expertise of our people. We are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people, to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Storm Guard has always recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore we enthusiastically encourage and support employees’ continual growth and development.
What Makes Working at Storm Guard AWESOME:
- Starting wage rate is $26.00 per hour and may increase upon based on candidate experience and skills
- Wage adjustment program based on Company and Individual performance including: a wage review at 3 months, annual cost of living adjustment, wage increases with each technical level advancement
- Great culture and fantastic people
- Casual and fun work environment
- A training ground to learn water treatment and dewatering technology and processes
- Comprehensive Benefits program
- Pension Plan (with Employer-Matching)
- Educational assistance for career development
- Generous work wear allowance
- Opportunity to work a 4/10 work schedule
- Overtime hours available
We are T I G E R S
Teamwork – We’re stronger and better when we’re working together
Innovation – We turn constraints into creativity and collaborative problem solving
Growth – We never stop learning
Excellence – Pursued always, in all things, through humility and hard work
Responsibility – We inspire trust through our integrity and a dedication to safety
Service – We will continuously provide excellent customer service
Storm Guard is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion in our values and how we do business.
Field Technician Job Overview
The successful candidate will work as part of a high performing team and independently operate, diagnose, and repair a wide variety of dewatering and water treatment equipment and well point systems. You will learn from experienced technicians and be an integral part of the team.
In this role you work on project construction sites with a focus on safety, efficiency and compliance with procedures.
Main Job Duties
- Erects, monitors and maintains equipment (including wells, pipelines, meters and pressure gauges).
- Performs sediment control operations.
- Troubleshoots water hose, pump, and piping problems on site.
- Operates machinery including but not limited to forklifts, overhead cranes, light weight vehicles, compressors, portable and stationary generators, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric tools, fusing machines, and related hand tools and equipment.
- Assists, trains or instructs, others in the work as required.
- Provides high-quality customer service to our external and internal customers.
- Operates all equipment safely and competently in accordance with safe work procedures and manufacturers’ operating instructions.
- Understands and demonstrates safe work practices based on Company and site safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
- Maintains clean and orderly workspaces including vehicles, project sites, shop yard.
- Completes daily documentation as required.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Is a self starter and takes initiative at work
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work effectively within a multi-cultural work environment, with diverse personalities
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Can work independently and under the supervision of others
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid BC class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Previous experience working on construction sites, working with tools and machinery
- Has a general understanding of water treatment/purification, pumping systems and applications is an asset
- Has demonstrated strengths and personal interests working with tools and equipment
With or without reasonable accommodation, Technicians may be required to:
- Operate heavy machinery
- Work outside, year-round, in adverse weather conditions
- Frequently required to walk or climb stairs
- Climb a ladder
- Handle large items
- Lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds